More and more people spend their workdays confined to an office chair, followed by sitting in a long commute home and resting in front of the television for extra hours before going to bed.
A sedentary lifestyle can cause different health issues, not least including your spine. As most adults spend at least 65% of their weekdays at work, it is necessary to have an office chair that promotes a good posture and protects your spine from additional wear and tear.
The Effects of a Discomfortable Office Chair on Your Spine
Most individuals are familiar with the pains that occur with sitting on an uncomfortable chair for several hours. But when those hours add-on to days, weeks, and months during your work, the impact can be more than discomforting. One of the common neck, back, and spine symptoms resulting from a wrong office chair include:
- Chronic neck or back pain
- Spine degeneration
- Poor posture
- Bulging or herniated discs
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Pinched nerves
- Poor blood circulation
Find the Best Chair for Your Spine
When looking for a comfortable office chair to protect your back or neck from injury, save these tips in your mind:
- A comfortable chair will be easily adjustable to suit your height. The chair should be high enough so that your feet remain flat on the floor and your thighs are horizontal.
- The chair should be large and wide enough to hold your body conveniently.
- The backrest must support your lower back and the natural curvature of your spine. The lumbar support should be adjustable to adjust your height.
- The armrest must be low enough to hold the arms while the shoulders are comfortable.
Besides looking for a chair that protects your spine from degenerative disc disease, lumbar spinal stenosis, and other aching conditions, it is strongly recommended that you should take quick breaks during the workday to relax your back and minimize fatigue.
Contact an Expert Spine Surgeon in Mumbai Today!
If you’re suffering from neck and or back pain due to your working conditions, do not wait to get a comprehensive examination from the best Neurosurgeon in Mumbai.
Not only is it in your best interest to diagnose and treat any existing back conditions, but it will also help to discuss the most suitable chair for your body with an experienced spine surgeon in Mumbai.