Dr Gurneet Singh Sawhney
- MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCh (Neurosurgery)
- Fellowship in Functional Neurosurgery (Japan)
- Fellowship in Epilepsy Surgery (Japan)
- Fellowship in Neuroendoscopy
- Medical experience – 14+ years
- Most Promising Neurosurgeon in Maharashtra – 2016
- 1st Position in MCh Neurosurgery University Examination
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney belongs to the new generation of an ultra-modern neurosurgeon in India. Dr. Sawhney is acclaimed for his excellent competence in treating complex and critical brain and spinal cord disorders. Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney is an accomplished and dynamic neurosurgeon with extensive training in minimally invasive surgery and neurotrauma procedures.
His deep-rooted passion for neurosciences propelled him to specialize in Functional Neurosurgery, Epilepsy Neurosurgery, Stereotactic Radiosurgery, and Neuroendoscopy. With the accumulated experience of 14+ years, Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney has emerged as the most distinguished neurosurgeon in Mumbai through his sheer hard work, dedication, and perseverance.
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney – Neurosurgeon in Mumbai par Excellence
Awarded “The Most Preferred Neurosurgeon in Mumbai” from Dynergic Business Solution at the “Golden Aim Awards 2021” Event. Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney specializes in complex neurosurgical and neurotrauma procedures, including brain surgery, brain tumor surgery, spine surgery, epilepsy surgery, deep brain stimulation surgery (DBS), Parkinson’s treatment, and seizure treatment.
Dr. Sawhney is considered the best neurosurgeon in Mumbai, for his consistency in delivering excellent surgery results for fatal brain conditions. He belongs to the select category of few formally trained neurosurgeons in Microneurosurgery, Neuroendoscopy, and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery in India. Dr. Sawhney is hugely passionate about teaching and has worked as a professor in the past. He has also attended several prestigious conferences and has to his credit various publications at National forums.
His warm and friendly nature makes Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney very approachable by his patients. He can converse in nearly 10 languages, making patients feel very comfortable and at ease associating with him during their medical treatment.
- Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney completed his MBBS from Terna Medical College, Navi Mumbai.
- Later, he pursued MS (General Surgery) from St. John’s Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore.
- After that, he completed his degree in M.Ch. In Neurosurgery (obtaining 1st Rank in the karnataka unv) from St. John’s Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore.
Awards and Honors
- Top Neurosurgeons in Mumbai: For his excellence in neurosurgery, Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney was ranked among the Top Neurosurgeons in Mumbai by India Today Magazine, September 2020.
- Promising Neurosurgeon: He was also awarded The Most Promising Neurosurgeon in Maharashtra by Times CyberMedia International Leadership Awards, 2016 for his outstanding work in rural Maharashtra.
- Stood 1st in MCh: Stood 1st in MCh Neurosurgery University examination at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Young Neurosurgeons Scholar: Dr. Sawhney was the FINALIST in Torrent Young Neurosurgeons Scholar Award at the All India Level.
Dr. Sawhney is specially trained in Functional Neurosurgery, performing DBS, Lesioning, Spinal Cord Stimulation, Baclofen pump surgeries, and stereotactic procedures. Further, he has received extensive training in Epilepsy Surgery. He is highly experienced in managing Neurotrauma and Neuro emergencies. Dr. Sawhney is an expert in Neurooncology, which includes skull base and deep-seated tumors. Also, he has a special interest and in-depth knowledge of Neuroendoscopy procedures, including Endoscopic pituitary surgery. Furthermore, Dr. Sawhney is exceptionally proficient in Vascular Neurosurgery and has performed hundreds of aneurysms, AVM surgeries making him a top neurosurgeon in Mumbai. The doctor has extraordinary skills in simple and complex spine surgery, including CVJ and minimally invasive spine surgery. He has undergone training for MISS.
“SDH in Bleeding Diathesis – A Management protocol”. Indian J Surg. 2016 April; 78(2): 121–124.
“Vein Transposition Fistulae, The St. John’s Experience”. Published in Indian Journal of Organ Transplantation 2008 edition.
- Dr. Sawhney attained Fellowship in Functional Neurosurgery under the guidance of Prof. Taira from Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Japan, February 2020.
- He attained Fellowship in Epilepsy Surgery under the guidance of Prof. Sugano from Juntendo University, Japan, in March 2020.
- He completed the 13th Delhi Course on Neurointervention, April 2018.
- The doctor participated in the Cadaveric Workshop for Minimally Invasive Spine – Interlaminar Endoscopic (Destendau) Procedures held in MIS Live Cad 2017 in Bangalore.
- Also, Dr. Sawhney participated in the Cadaveric Workshop for Minimally Invasive Spine–Tubular Retractor Assisted Procedures held in MIS Live Cad 2017 in Bangalore.
- He completed Neuroendoscopy Fellowship in 16th Neuroendoscopy Fellowship Program, Jabalpur 2017.
- Certificate course “Pain and Palliative” was undertaken at St. John’s Hospital in 2008.