Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney is a renowned neurosurgeon in India and among the new breed of high-tech neurosurgeons to have been upskilled and trained in minimally invasive surgical techniques. These surgical procedures involve highly evolved, high-precision equipment, where even a millimeter deviation from the intended area in the brain can make the distinction between success and failure of the procedure.
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney is a highly respected neurosurgeon in India and is acclaimed for his outstanding proficiency in treating complicated and critical brain and spinal cord ailments. He became a specialist in Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Epilepsy Neurosurgery, Functional Neurosurgery, and Neuroendoscopy as a result of his deep-seated interest in neurosciences.
With over 18 years of overall expertise, including 6 years as a specialist, Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney has distinguished himself as the top neurosurgeon in Mumbai via pure effort, endurance, and dedication.
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney has received well-deserved recognition for his remarkable achievements in the care of brain and spinal trauma, outstanding results in surgery for complex, life-threatening brain disorders, and his tireless and unwavering efforts to see that his patients receive the best treatment.
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney – Best Neurosurgeon in Mumbai par Excellence
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney specializes in complex and sophisticated neurotrauma and neurosurgical techniques that include brain tumor surgery, brain surgery, spine surgery, surgery for epilepsy, surgery for deep brain stimulation (DBS), treatment for Parkinson's disease, and seizures.
It is no surprise that he was awarded "The Most Preferred Top Neurosurgeon in Mumbai" by Dynergic Business Solution at the “Golden Aim Awards 2021” Event.
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney belongs to India’s select breed of few hi-tech trained neurosurgeons in Neuroendoscopy, Microneurosurgery, and MISS (Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery). Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney is hugely passionate about teaching and has previously worked as a professor. He has also attended various prestigious conferences and published several articles in National forums.
Patients find Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney very approachable due to his cheerful and welcoming demeanor. He can communicate in over 10 different languages, which gives patients great comfort and ease when they interact with him while receiving medical care. As a result of his constancy in producing exceptional surgical outcomes for severe brain disorders, Dr. Sawhney is often regarded as the best neurosurgeon in Mumbai.
- MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCh (Neurosurgery)
- Fellowship in Functional Neurosurgery (Japan)
- Fellowship in Epilepsy Surgery (Japan)
- Fellowship in Neuroendoscopy
- Medical experience - 18 overall years of experience, including 6 years as a specialist
- Most Promising Neurosurgeon in Maharashtra - 2016
- 1st Position in MCh Neurosurgery University Examination
- Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney completed his MBBS from Terna Medical College, Navi Mumbai.
- Later, he pursued MS (General Surgery) from St. John’s Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore.
- After that, he completed his degree in M.Ch. In Neurosurgery (obtaining 1st Rank in the Karnataka unv) from St. John’s Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore.
He has mentored and educated many aspiring MBBS students, nurses, paramedics, general surgeons, and neurosurgeons as an assistant professor at St. John's Medical College Bangalore to meet the demands of the most recent advancements in procedures and technology.
Awards and Honors
- Top Neurosurgeons in Mumbai: For his excellence in neurosurgery, Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney was ranked among the Top Neurosurgeons in Mumbai by India Today Magazine, September 2020.
- Promising Neurosurgeon: He was also awarded The Most Promising Neurosurgeon in Maharashtra by Times CyberMedia International Leadership Awards, 2016, for his outstanding work in rural Maharashtra.
- 1st in MCh: Stood 1st in the MCh Neurosurgery University examination at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Young Neurosurgeons Scholar: Dr. Sawhney was a finalist in Torrent Young Neurosurgeons Scholar Award at the All India Level in 2013.
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney has an immense thirst for knowledge and dedication to bettering the quality of life of his patients. Due to his passion and in-depth expertise in various life-saving techniques, he is frequently called the best neurosurgeon in Mumbai.
He has specialized training in Functional Neurosurgery, deep brain stimulation (DBS), Lesioning, Spinal Cord Stimulation, Baclofen pump surgeries, and stereotactic procedures. Additionally, he has procured extensive grounding in Epilepsy Surgery.
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney is highly experienced in handling Neuro and Neurotrauma emergencies. He is an expert in Neurooncology, which includes cancers of the spinal cord and brain. He also has an exceptional interest in and extensive knowledge of Neuroendoscopy procedures.
Furthermore, Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney is highly proficient in Vascular Neurosurgery, having performed hundreds of AVM (arteriovenous malformation) and aneurysm surgeries. Often known as the top neurosurgeon in Mumbai, he has extraordinary skills in simple as well as complex spine surgery, including MISS (minimally invasive spine surgery) and CVJ (Craniovertebral junction).
- Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney attained Fellowship in Functional Neurosurgery under the guidance of Prof. Taira from Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Japan, February 2020.
- He attained Fellowship in Epilepsy Surgery under the guidance of Prof. Sugano from Juntendo University, Japan, in March 2020.
- He completed the 13th Delhi Course on Neurointervention, April 2018.
- The doctor participated in the Cadaveric Workshop for Minimally Invasive Spine – Interlaminar Endoscopic (Destendau) Procedures held in MIS Live Cad 2017 in Bangalore.
- Also, Dr. Sawhney participated in the Cadaveric Workshop for Minimally Invasive Spine–Tubular Retractor Assisted Procedures held in MIS Live Cad 2017 in Bangalore.
- He completed Neuroendoscopy Fellowship in 16th Neuroendoscopy Fellowship Program, Jabalpur 2017.
- Certificate course “Pain and Palliative” was undertaken at St. John’s Hospital in 2008.
News and Publications