Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney is the best neurosurgeon in India with 14+ years of experience in treating complex and critical neurosurgery disorders. He is an expert in diagnosis, recommends, and performs surgeries to treat disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system, including trauma, brain tumors, vascular disorders, movement disorders, infections of the brain or spine, congenital anomalies, stroke, or degenerative diseases of the spine.
Neurosurgery in India is economical and hence affordable. The cost of neuro and spine-related treatments and surgeries is nearly 40 – 50% less than that in the USA, the UK, and other countries. India is one of the emerging destinations for neuro & spine and neurosurgery treatments.
Moreover, medical tourists can seek treatment at accredited hospitals across the country. Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney is considered an expert neurosurgeon in India offering highly complex minimally invasive spine surgeries.
Meet Dr. Gurneet Sawhney - An Expert Neurosurgeon in India
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney is associated with Fortis Hospital, Mulund, an accredited hospital that has a full-fledged department of Neurosurgery. The department offers Computer-Assisted Neurosurgery, Frame-Based Stereotaxy, Dedicated X-Knife, and Interventional Neuro facilities. It is also equipped with equipped ICU and operation theaters, neuro-specific diagnosis, and the well-trained nursing staff
Patients who wish to seek treatment for their brain, spine, and related disorders can seek an online consultation with one of the best neurosurgeons in India Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney, and his team. Once they decide to travel to India for their treatment, they are provided with a host of services such as visa papers, ticket bookings, airport transfers, hotel accommodation for the patient and their accompanying members or attendants. The patients can also seek early appointments with the treating doctors and admission to the hospital as per their preference and travel schedule.
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney and Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery in India
As a leading neurosurgeon in India, he is a major proponent of Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery and performs them with precision and expertise. Currently, minimally invasive neurosurgery is very much recommended considering the plethora of benefits it offers which include –
- Less pain
- Shortened hospital stay
- Small incision
- Muscle sparing
He is an expert neurosurgeon in India, performing simple and complex spine surgery, including CVJ and minimally invasive spine surgery for which he has received special hands-on training. His competence and capabilities in performing these surgeries are noteworthy. Also, his expertise lies in performing neurosurgical emergencies and elective neurosurgical cases.
Awarded “The Most Preferred Neurosurgeon in Mumbai” from Dynergic Business Solution at the “Golden Aim Awards 2021” Event
He has successfully performed surgeries to remove deep-rooted tumors in the skull, CVJ surgeries, and much more. His comprehensive experience includes Vascular Neurosurgery, neuro intervention, functional neurosurgery, neurotrauma and stereotactic, seizures, and so on, which makes him one of the best neurosurgeons in India.
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney, one of the best neurosurgeon in India developed an interest in medical and interventional treatment of the disorders of the brain and nervous system during his early years of studying medicine. He developed a keen interest in pursuing minimally invasive surgical procedures as they cause less operative and post-operative trauma along while speeding up the patient’s recovery.
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney developed an interest in medical and interventional treatment of disorders of the brain and nervous system during his early years of studying medicine. His immersive approach and perseverance in neurosurgery led him to the Fellowship in Functional Neurosurgery from prestigious Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Japan, and Fellowship in Epilepsy Neurosurgery from Juntendo University, Japan in 2019-2020.
About Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney
- MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCh (Neurosurgery)
- Fellowship in Functional Neurosurgery (Japan)
- Fellowship in Epilepsy Surgery (Japan)
- Fellowship in Neuroendoscopy
- Medical experience – 17+ years
- Most Promising Neurosurgeon in Maharashtra – 2016
- 1st Position in M.Ch. Neurosurgery University Examination
Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney is a renowned spine surgeon and neurosurgeon in India, with over 14 years of experience. He is an expert in diagnosis, consultations, and performs surgeries to treat disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system, including trauma, tumors, Parkinson's, vascular disorders, movement disorders, infections of the brain or spine, congenital anomalies, stroke, or degenerative diseases of the spine. His expertise and expansive experience are what make him one of the best neurosurgeon in India.
He is a highly dedicated and patient-centric surgeon who treats nearly 1000+ patients annually following ethical medical practices. He is an extremely warm and humble surgeon who has successfully made treated patients who highly respect him.
He is well-versed in the latest medical and interventional treatment of the disorders of the brain and nervous system. He has conducted many research studies, participated in numerous conferences, and been a faculty member of many hospitals pan India.
- Dr. Sawhney attained Fellowship in Functional Neurosurgery under the guidance of Prof. Taira from Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Japan, February 2020.
- He attained Fellowship in Epilepsy Surgery under the guidance of Prof. Sugano from Juntendo University, Japan, March 2020.
- He completed the 13th Delhi Course on Neurointervention, April 2018.
- The doctor participated in the Cadaveric Workshop for Minimally Invasive Spine – Interlaminar Endoscopic (Destendau) Procedures held in MIS Live Cad 2017 in Bangalore.
- Also, Dr. Sawhney participated in the Cadaveric Workshop for Minimally Invasive Spine –Tubular Retractor Assisted Procedures held in MIS Live Cad 2017 in Bangalore.
- He completed Neuroendoscopy Fellowship in 16th Neuroendoscopy Fellowship Program, Jabalpur 2017.
- Certificate course of “Pain and Palliative” was undertaken at St. John’s Hospital in 2008.
About Neurosurgeons in India
Neurosurgeons in India are nationally and internationally renowned experts in the diagnosis and surgical treatment of in numerous brain and spine disorders including brain tumors, epilepsy, and trigeminal neuralgia. Globally, acclaimed hospitals from India like Fortis Healthcare Hospital, Apollo Hospitals, HCG Hospitals, and AIIMS provide world-class facilities for stereotactic radiosurgery, radiation oncology, SFNS, deep brain stimulation, skull base surgery, endovascular neurosurgery, and spinal surgery at a fraction of cost compared to treatment centers across Western nations, without any compromise on quality or success rate.
Patients can approach Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney, a respected and highly successful neurosurgeon in India for resolving their neurological disorders.
Mr. Kibwi from Kenya had a congenital malformation called Arnold Chiari Malformation. Dr. Gurneet Sawhney performed Cerebro Subdivide Surgery. Immediately after surgery, there were good results and the patient could fly back home within a short time.
News and Publications
- Fortis hospital launches support group for brain tumours patients
- World Brain Tumour Day: 6 Common Myths About the Abnormal Cell Growth Busted
- Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney Talks About DBS Surgery in Mumbai!
- Dr Gurneet Singh Sawhney Performs Retrosigmoid Suboccipital Craniotomy for complete excision of Vestibular Schwannoma
- Mumbai’s Dr. Gurneet Singh Sawhney States Advancements In Neurosurgery Promise Better And Longer Lives